• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

simple home made adapter (1 Viewer)

Jaxman

Well, Travis Perkins supplied the pipe.

Last weekend at Titchwell I overheard a suggestion that a basic camera/scope adapter would be a piece if pipe. Armed with my canon ixus 70 I went to our local hardware store and selected a few bits - some actually fitted snuggly on the end of the camera.

The piece I finally used, that holds my camera at exactly the correct distance from the eyepiece, was one of the larger diameter pieces, but it holds the camera more steady than a thinner bit.

I took some acceptable shots of my garden and the satelite dish of the house opposite! basically handheld digi-scoping with the aid of a £1.50 bit of pipe.
Thanks to whoever gave that nugget of advice, it's certainly a light-weight, very cheap options for putting camera to scope for some nice "record" shots of my birding.

Well, Travis Perkins supplied the pipe.

Last weekend at Titchwell I overheard a suggestion that a basic camera/scope adapter would be a piece if pipe. Armed with my canon ixus 70 I went to our local hardware store and selected a few bits - some actually fitted snuggly on the end of the camera.

The piece I finally used, that holds my camera at exactly the correct distance from the eyepiece, was one of the larger diameter pieces, but it holds the camera more steady than a thinner bit.

I took some acceptable shots of my garden and the satelite dish of the house opposite! basically handheld digi-scoping with the aid of a £1.50 bit of pipe.
Thanks to whoever gave that nugget of advice, it's certainly a light-weight, very cheap options for putting camera to scope for some nice "record" shots of my birding.

Well done Jax. Sometimes the simple solutions are the best. If you need to hold it all firmly together then strong rubber bands will do the trick.Neil.

Well done Jax. Sometimes the simple solutions are the best. If you need to hold it all firmly together then strong rubber bands will do the trick.Neil.

Good idea - might even find some of those around the house!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back