• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scatalogical mystery (1 Viewer)

dragnil

The glass is half full, but the bottle is empty.
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is a result of many weeks of lock-down but my curiosity was roused by the mysterious daily arrival of excrement in the garden.

The whiteness you can see in the pictures indicates to me that it's avian but the size rules out all of our garden birds and, yes, I've been looking for a woodpigeon with a squint, but no joy there.

It reminds me of goose droppings and when I moved it the interior was fresh green plant matter.

However, although our garden is rural it is surrounded by trees and I can't imagine a large bird being able to land easily.

It does seems to appear overnight so could we have an owl, but how would that explain the green content?

Any ideas gratefully considered.

David,
Nr Lincoln, UK

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_112914134.jpg
    IMG_20200601_112914134.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200601_112938014_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200601_112938014_HDR.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 28
I think you must be right, Nutty, one of our pigeons must have the biggest anus outside 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue... :eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back