• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What to do on a miserable rainy day...... (1 Viewer)

Chalky W

It's been pouring down with rain all day and boredom necessitated that I occupy myself, so I wasted an hour doing this....

I doubt that this is the right place for this but thought I'd share just for fun.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 133
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
WOW i love it, i think you should upload them on flicker and see who many awards and invitations you will get.

BTW today, saw about 5 chiffchaff's on the garden when i came back from work, staied there and took many shots, they were in a playful mood and coming down to the ground and to the low bushes, was so happy with them, but most of my shots were very poor, as today is very cloudy, and my settings were not good. so i know how you feel with your ever cloudy rainy weather.

Last edited:
Brilliant images Chalky. What did you use to take these -- camera, lens, speed, etc, etc?

Lisa/Dulce, thanks for the kind words.

Lisa if you're interested, I grasped the basics from here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwExpFDUC9Y

I used the kit lens (18-50mm) with the camera flash (not an external one as in the video) which seemed to work ok. The pics aren't fantastic but I liked them for a first attempt. If it rains again maybe I'll try for some more 'artistic' results. I think it just comes down to timing and practice. Be warned though, the hard part is not spilling the water over the carpet when you've finished - Have a large towel to hand.....

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back