• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

shorebird i.d. help in new york (1 Viewer)

glide133

hello,i'm uncertain as to the identification of these poor photo's of some migrating shorebird's.these were taken today in an empty resevior in the Bronx.thanks for your time looking at them.

Attachments

• DSC_8243.jpg
    DSC_8243.jpg
    994.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_8208.jpg
    DSC_8208.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_8199.jpg
    DSC_8199.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_8217 1.jpg
    DSC_8217 1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 66
I'm by no means an expert of Nearctic waders, but my take would be the Calidris on 1, 3 and 4 are (almost) all Least Sandpipers. The leftmost bird on 1 seems slightly bigger with a somewhat thicker bill. I think it should be a Semi-palmated. 4 is just a crop from 1, right?

Agree with (probably Greater) Yellowlegs for 2

A pity somebody with plenty of Nearctic experience doesn’t pipe up and put us mere mortals out of our misery;) there must be some out there.....

Laurie -

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back