• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brazil - Dove & Woodcreeper (1 Viewer)

Anton-Jan

Hi all,

Have been visiting my family in Goiás - Brazil until a week ago. I have seen many birds, but 2 of them I can't determine using my book (Birds of Brazil Pantanal & Cerrado. Even though the photos are pretty clear...

Hoping that the power of internet and birdforum can help me with these two!

#1 a dove, looks like plumbeous pigeon actually, but if I recall corrrect it was way smaller.. starting to have doubts...

#2 and #3 a woodcreeper, but which one.. my book has left me questioning...

Thank you for helping!

Attachments

• DSC_2295 - 1.jpg
    DSC_2295 - 1.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_2720 - 2.jpg
    DSC_2720 - 2.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_2727 -3.jpg
    DSC_2727 -3.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 18
First bird is a Leptotila sp, almost certainly White-tipped. If the area is immediately adjacent to forest there is a possibility it could be Gray-fronted, though that species is much shier and much less frequently seen. They are best told by voice, particularly in a lot of central / southern / eastern Brazil where they are physically extremely similar to each other.

The Woodcreeper is Buff-throated.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back