• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (2 Viewers)

An Iceland Gull showed so well in the sunshine and -18 degrees centigrade... wonderful! It's great when a lifer shows so well... :)

Attachments

• vitvingad trut.jpg
    vitvingad trut.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 44
  • vitvingad trut2.jpg
    vitvingad trut2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 42
Two new ones for me when walking my local patches today - added Jack Snipe to the Snipe I'd seen in the same area this winter, and also saw a pair of Red Crested Pochard on a local farm. I'd seen RCP's in captivity before, but not in the wild. Could well be escapees but I have a suspicion they could be migrants from the continent escaping the cold weather as some more seem to have been seen around the south east in recent days.

Two new little waders seen at Walton-on-the-Naze today - Sanderling and Purple Sandpiper! Great little birds, loved watching the Sanderlings dashing back and forth along the waterline.

Straw-necked Ibis, Thurs 21st Jan 2010. Saw flocks and flocks of them in the farmlands on the way down to Carpenter's Rocks near Mt Gambier. It made me wonder how I'd never seen them before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back