• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (3 Viewers)

Forge Mill Lake: 3 x Adult Oyc plus 2 chicks, 2 x LRP, my first Four Spot Chaser for the patch.per Carl Seabode
Good Birding YAMYAM

Redpoll over FM Farm this morning (late record?), Common Sand calling around North Island per Matt Hadlington
Good Birding YAMYAM

At Dartmouth park Sandwell this p.m. reed bunting singing around boating lake reed warbler singing on small pool and a herring gull who was after coot chicks per Dave Waite
Good Birding YAMYAM

Year lists as of 19/5/18

overall Valley year list on 132.

White Wagtail, Greenland Wheatear not included in totals

Dave Saunders- 115 Osprey
Pete Hackett -109 Kingfisher
John Clarke - 105 Tawny owl
Matt Hadlington - 104 Redstart
Rob Preston - 104 Garden Warbler
Mel Jones - 104 Spotted Flycatcher
Mike Ixer - 103 Sedge Warbler
Craig Reed - 98 Common Sandpiper
Hughie King - 95 Garden Warbler
Wali Taylor -94 Yellow Wagtail
Terry Parker - 92 Reed Warbler
Dave Waite - 91 Little Egret
Carl Seabode -88 Sedge Warbler
Steve Lilly - 86 Peregrine
Adrian Kirton - 81 Buzzard
Tony Johnson -74 Lesser Whitethroat
Richard Eyres -74 Lesser Whitethroat
Pete Carless - 65 Common Gull

Good Birding YAMYAM

Forge Mill
Oystercatchers x4 Adults and 2 young, LRP x3 looks like one bird sitting, Lapwing c8 at least 2 birds sitting
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
A long overdue update on Pete Carless, he's still in Dudley Road Hospital in the Sheldon block, unfortunately he's had a couple of falls which has put him back quite alot with his progress, according to his niece he seems a little forgetful at times and seems confused that could just down to medication and being stuck in a little room with not alot going on. when I hear more I will pass it on

Dave

From the hide

Oystercatcher x2 Adult and 2 young
Little Ringed plover x2
Lapwing c8
Black Headed Gull x2
Lesser Black Backed Gull c18
Herring Gull x2
Buzzard x3
Grey Heron x2
Tufted Duck c12
Swift c40
House Martin
Reed warbler c3
Great Crested Grebe c3
Green Woodpecker
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Oystercatchers still with young on Ice House. 4 singing Reed Warbler Swan and around 60 Swift per Pete Hackett
Good Birding YAMYAM

Oystercatcher with one of the young by Richard Baker

Attachments

• IMG_20180524_181345.jpg
    IMG_20180524_181345.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Quick look on reserve earlier. c250 Swift, 4 drake Shoveler, 4 Gadwall, Teal. 6 adult Oystercatchers plus 2 young, 2 Lrp, 10 Lapwing that seemed about it. Again lots of disturbance across river chainsaws etc.per Pete Hackett
Good Birding YAMYAM

I had a look on Forge Mill and Swan pool this PM very poor no Terns no wader passage
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back