• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Needed (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

I have a JVC Video camera and I took it out into the rain it stopped working after a bit. I get an error come up on the screen which says Lens Cap Error. I think the rain ruined it as i have had this error before.

It plays back but when I record the screen is a dark blank and Lens Cap Error flashes.

Any idea what that is and how I can fix it? I do have warranty but I would rather see if I can fix it another way, quicker as i go on holiday soon.

I suspect that all you can do is stick the thing in an airtight box with some bags of desicant and hope. I took one look at the first video camera I ever bought and promptly got a waterproof housing for it - still cameras are far better sealed.

Hope that once you noticed it got wet you took the battery out and let the camera dry out as suggested. Whenever electronic equipment comes in contact with water one should disconnect the power source immediately and only reconnect it once the equipment is totally dry.

Dalcio

Your house insurance may cover the repair costs.

Steve.

Less perhaps a £100 first payment by you.

Most policies however clearly state that you must use equipment properly and instruction books always clealy state do not use in the rain

|:S||:S||:S||:S||:S||:S|
it was not the rain that did it .....just an old digicam

I Have a JVC Video camera and I took it out into the rain it stopped working after a bit. I get an error come up on the screen which says Lens Cap Error. I think the rain ruined it as i have had this error before

:C

Perhaps I am the only one who is confused than

|:S||:S||:S||:S||:S||:S|

I Have a JVC Video camera and I took it out into the rain it stopped working after a bit. I get an error come up on the screen which says Lens Cap Error. I think the rain ruined it as i have had this error before

:C

Perhaps I am the only one who is confused than

No you are not sorry but I should hav mentionned that I spoke to the helpline and they said water did not affect the digicam which i assumed it did in post 1.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back