• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic FZ150. (1 Viewer)

The video looks good Dick. What program did you use to edit it with?

Thanks, it's very simple to do, with iMovie on my iMac.

Here's another I put together yesterday, using the same iMovie, but this time using a collection of photos, taken at one of my favourite local birding spots in the nearby Antrim Hills.

Altarichard Forest

Cheers,
Dick

Autofocus speed of the FZ150

I was interested in comparing a couple of things that I saw on the box of the FZ200 with what it said on the box of my FZ150. While looking at the box, I noticed that it said it had "Sonic Speed" AF. The AF system on the FZ150 was supposed to be the faster "Light Speed" AF system. I looked at a couple of Panasonic sites and they said "Light Speed" I looked at Panasonic Australia's site and it said "Sonic Speed". What's going here? Are there different systems in the performance of camera in different parts of the world? I know there are differences, but its usually PAL/NTSC or, limits on the amount of video for the EU countries, not on the actual performance specifications of the camera. Can anyone tell me what it says on your box regarding the AF system and in what country you purchased the camera.

More likely different words used in different parts of the world to describe the same underlying tech but based on what PR and sales thinks would sell better in this area

Niels

Hi Scodge, My UK boxed FZ150 has Sonic Speed on the box, so i guess Niels is correct in what he said in his post.

I was interested in comparing a couple of things that I saw on the box of the FZ200 with what it said on the box of my FZ150. While looking at the box, I noticed that it said it had "Sonic Speed" AF. The AF system on the FZ150 was supposed to be the faster "Light Speed" AF system. I looked at a couple of Panasonic sites and they said "Light Speed" I looked at Panasonic Australia's site and it said "Sonic Speed". What's going here? Are there different systems in the performance of camera in different parts of the world? I know there are differences, but its usually PAL/NTSC or, limits on the amount of video for the EU countries, not on the actual performance specifications of the camera. Can anyone tell me what it says on your box regarding the AF system and in what country you purchased the camera.

Thanks for the comments. I had a rep from Panasonic Australia and ask me about this issue. He said much the same thing as has been suggested - same thing but different name depending on where you live. However, that doesn't really cut it for me. The FZ100 used Sonic Speed AF and the FZ150 is supposed to use Light Speed AF. There are other Panasonic cameras on sale here that use Light Speed AF, the G3 is one, so that terminology is used here as well. I'm beginning to think that the FZ150 doesn't use Light Speed AF, as I have had replies from several people from UK and USA and their box says Sonic Speed as well, even though in the US, the Panasonic web site says its Light Speed. I just wanted to make sure that there weren't two different standards operating. It doesn't appear that there are.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back