• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sightron "Blue Sky" II 8x32 (1 Viewer)

I got them last night (thank you Amazon Prime) and I had them out for several hours today. A dark/bright cold day where it would be a mix of very dark clouds and contrasty bright white clouds. A touch of hail. I had forgotten how good these actually are. Man are they beautiful and tack sharp. I will not sell this pair. In fact they can hang them around my neck when they cremate me, (just in case).

I'd say they are better than my Swarovski's but I don't want to further degrade my already lame reputation as a binocular reviewer. So there, I didn't say that.

Hey, great news black crow! I'm glad you got another good pair to enjoy! Oh, don't cremate them! At least, you could give them to the undertaker, to keep watch on the crows, (just in case)! ; )

It sounds like you had a memorable and good day-that's all we can ask, isn't it? Have a blast!

Nobody in my circle appreciates optics like I do. I'm afraid my bins will all end up in the good will. I hope someone appreciates a really good deal.

Why indeed?

It's green & garish w/funky raised ridge highlighting the Company name assuring you're representin' Sightron. The strap is crap though the case is nice except there's no belt loop, shoulder strap or attachments for one. Nada on objective lens covers w/rainguard of hard plastic. A fair amount of PC, not exceptional in controlling CA, yet 7.5* at this price point is nice.

It's the bin of your explorer fantasy that could be yours for only 21 filled books of S&H Green Stamps. The catalogue, long since worn threadbare, that was perused almost daily for what seemed an eternity.

Whiling away youth daydreaming, scheming on how to expedite the transaction. Night slumber filled w/vivid images of adventure that would be impossible save for the elusive bins.

Then the big day arrived. Mom was going to drive to the city & cash 'em in whilst I attended school. The longest day that drug on forever, yet finally the bus reaches my stop. Rushing home out of breath I met mother at the kitchen barely managing, "Where's my binoculars"?

"Son, they were sold out so I got you the Motorola 15 transistor AM/FM AC/DC portable radio w/separate bass/treble controls chrome D rings w/genu-wine leather handle. A brand new item they just started carrying."

Bummer! How was I ever gonna scope the Himalayas for the Abominable Snowman or study the hut dwellings of the indigenous Congo rainforest pygmies ?

But if mama said they were sold out I guess I could do worse. Plus she would nevah lie to her darlin' boy. Although I was a mite suspicious when shortly thereafter Dad was sportin' a brand spankin' new Seikio self-winding watch water tested to 98.2' w/day-date calendar, crystal bezel, stainless steel case & adjustable wristband that also just happened to be available for 21 books of Green Stamps. To add insult to injury a month later mother came into me bedroom, "Your father wishes to borrow the radio so he might listen to the ballgame. You don't mind do you?""

I never ended up w/450 Nitro Express double rifle. I'll never hop out into the thick brush of the dark continent, stalking the not quite sedated wildebeest, whilst Marlin Perkins awaits the outcome in the Land Rover.

But, if I wish to team up w/Dale Gribble hookin' it to Marfa, TX in search of extraterrestrial life behind the lights I'll tote me trusty SIIBL832 Blue Sky Sightron.

Que: Three Dog Night

Well I never been to Spain
But I kinda like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it
They don't abuse it
Never gonna lose it
I can't refuse it

Well I never been to England
But I kinda like the Beatles
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles
Can you feel it
It must be real it
Feels so good
Oh, feels so good

Well I never been to heaven
But I been to Oklahoma
Well they tell me I was born there
But I really don't remember
In Oklahoma, not Arizona
What does it matter
What does it matter ...

Attachments

• Abominable.jpg
    Abominable.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 33
  • tornasole_pygmies.jpg
    tornasole_pygmies.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Merkel 450 Nitro Express.jpg
    Merkel 450 Nitro Express.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Marlin Rover.jpg
    Marlin Rover.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Gribble scope.jpg
    Gribble scope.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Thanks for wasting a few minutes of my time, as that was one of the dumbest things I've read here, and that's saying something. You must have nothing to do.

*Y-A-W-N*

Nobody's twistin' your arm to read anything or look through any bins. I could care less, if I gave a rats arse what you thought in the first place.

Before I forget me manners,

You're welcome.

From hot and humid Florida, up to cold wild Alaska. Across to the arctic plateaus of Scandinavia, down to the forests of Estonia and Poland.

3 years I've had mine now, and I wouldn't swap nor sell them, ever. Performed in the heat, sandstorms, hail storms and snow storms... flawlessly. Light enough to carry anywhere, good enough to bird everywhere.

glad they are working out for you...but life on the run can take its toll.....maybe you should just turn yourself in??....

glad they are working out for you...but life on the run can take its toll.....maybe you should just turn yourself in??....

And face the lynching for suppressing 9 Mega rarities? I'd rather take my chances with the bears and rattle snakes. They are kinder than irate birders.

Sightrons helping me steer clear of folks so all's good.

After several years of being interested I finally bought a pair of the Sightron 8x32 I've been reading about for so long. Overall I was very impressed. They were probably 90-95% as good as the other bins I tested them against (Vanguard Endeavor 8x42, Bushnell Legend M 8x42). In fading dusk light I could tell the difference between the 8x42 and the 8x32, but it wasn't as much as I'd imagined it would be.

I ended up returning them since I got the Legend M for under $100 after eBay discounts and rebates. Really great pair of binoculars though and I'll be suggesting them to anyone looking for a budget conscious, compact binocular.

This thread truly is like the energizer bunny, it could break the record here at Bird forum, it may have already, I am not sure.

A.W.

It's been a long time since I've seen a post from Frank. I hope he is doing well. He's one of my favorites because he helped me tremendously in getting started with better optics but finding the best values in mid to lower priced optics. He's my Hero. I miss seeing him here.

I didn't see any PM BC. ;)

But I am still around. Life has kept me busy doing other things besides optics but they are still a passion of mine. I have been putting off some reviews of optics that are long overdue plus I am receiving some new models that I plan to review in the coming weeks and months.

..and, just to keep things on track, I still have my Sightron Blue Sky 8x32s. They still perform as admirably today as they did the day I bought them. I think we are approaching 6 years now. So much for the potential concerns over ruggedness/quality of construction. :)

More to follow....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back