• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spain - Passerine (1 Viewer)

crispycreme

At Donana. Assuming thrush or warbler? Immature Stonechat maybe? No idea, really.

Attachments

• 2019-05-01_7-43-22.jpg
    2019-05-01_7-43-22.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 2019-05-01_7-42-47.jpg
    2019-05-01_7-42-47.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 48
It's a female of one of the Flycatchers, Collared, Semi-collared or Pied......I think Pied.

Last edited:
How are you enjoying this side of the pond, is it your first birding trip to Europe?

Just got back home last weekend. It wasn't strictly a birding trip; we did a week in Madrid - with one day of birding Casa de Campo, and a week in Seville - including birding at Donana and a trip down to Vejer de la Frontera to see the Bald Ibis. It's our second trip to Europe but our first where we actually attempted birding (spent a week in Paris in 2016 and essentially saw pigeons). The weather was a bit inclement for the season, but we still had a fabulous time. Food is fantastic. People are wonderful. Got to see Picasso's Guernica and Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights - two of my all time favorite paintings. Spent a day each in Toledo and Cordoba working our way through one UNESCO World Heritage site after another. The strata of history in Spain is breathtaking.

But Spain as a birding location is excellent; seemly undermarketed as such. At least here in the states. I hope to get back again for a dedicated birding trip one of these days.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back