• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Guide Eilat (1 Viewer)

Johnnie Lee

Hi

I will be in Eilat with my wife in March next year on a long weekend. I would like to have at least a full day out birding so could anyone recommend me a guide with vehicle for a day please.

Many thanks

John

March will be a busy time in Eilat due to the Eilat Bird Festival and the Champions of the Fly Way bird race events so getting a local guide with vehicle may be difficult.

Eilat isn't a difficult place to go birding on one's own if you have a car rental and there are plenty of trip reports out there that cover the Eilat area.

Cloudbirders has a number of trip reports that have details of where to go and how to get there https://www.cloudbirders.com/tripreport/show/23969/34494 However if you are really stuck and really need a guide you could drop Jonathan Meyrev an email to see what he could suggest, his email is [email protected]

If you are there for a day, the North Beach then nearby IBRCE centre are a good start, perhaps then followed by an afternoon at KM20 pools which you can drive around, then Km19 for Lichtenstein's Sandgrouse at darkness. You might prefer a bit of desert birding at Amram's Pillars or Ovda in the afternoon too. All easy with your own hire car.

Depends how much you want to cram in.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back