• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lightroom Problem... (1 Viewer)

Apodidae49

As a Raw beginner (excuse the pun) I have put an older version 3.2 (legitimate) on my laptop and updated it to 3.6 in an effort to learn to process RAW files from my D7200

Apart from the fact that it’s all hieroglyphics to me (I intend to use tutorials though) I can’t access any of my RAW files. When I click on Import and navigate to the RAW folder it tells me that Previews aren’t available for the file and the file designations are eg. DSC_0052.NEF.

Is this related to the camera model being more modern than the software? I thought a RAW file would be just that - a RAW file and visible to any version of software?

Help, please.

There seems to be quite a lot of problems with lightroom and d7200 if not using the subscription model of lightroom: https://www.flickr.com/groups/2678261@N25/discuss/72157655431464021/

One note in there that might help:
I got one of the first D7200 and went through this with both Nikon and Adobe and they are not compatible!
Use Adobe Bridge to get the images off the camera/card and all will work perfectly with Adobe !!!
Niels

PS: you could also do like me and use ACDSee for about half the price: https://www.acdsee.com/en/products/photo-studio-ultimate/

Last edited:
Uninstalled Lightroom as using Adobe Bridge just seems like another layer of faff to have to learn (and buy!) Installed free RawTherapee and at least my Nikon RAW files are now being imported so just got to get to grips with some tutorials and start playing with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back