• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping a Rocket Launch from 3 miles+ with a Swarovski STX (1 Viewer)

John A Roberts

Australia
Today I came across a 2017 report by Bill Jelen of using a Swarovski scope to record a Florida rocket launch

The rig consists of a 30-70x90mm Objective/ STX Eyepiece/ TLS APO 30 combo, together with a Canon 7D
The attached shot was taken with the scope at 30x, for a 900mm equivalent on the 7D

All the details are here: http://wereportspace.com/2017/02/23/photographing-rocket-launch-swarovski-optik-scope/

If this has been previously posted, please excuse the redundancy

John

EDIT: As always the devil's in the detail - of course it's a 95mm Objective (Thanks Pyrtle, my bad!)

Attachments

• Rocket Launch.jpg
    Rocket Launch.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Interesting article and subject though I read that it was a 95mm objective, ( could nor recollect a current 90mm scope ).
P

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back