• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Legend HD 80 - new eyepiece? (1 Viewer)

JanD

Dear community,

Is it possible to change the Bushnell Legend HD 80 eyepiece? I have a couple of nice eyepieces which I use with my Dobsonian and I have the feeling that those could improve the view through the Bushnell.

It looks like the original zoom eyepiece is attached with a compression ring. There are three grub screws, but those are sealed with some kind of glue. Before I start tinkering around, did anyone try that already and can confirm that 1.25" eyepieces fit and that the focus will be reached?

Thank you so much,
Jan

Hi there..Removing the eyepiece could open the body and loose the nitrogen ,,,you could do the whole operations inside a clear trash bag(unused,please)...Do not open the bag,just enough to fit the scope inside,and seal the bag with tape...now you have a dust and air free chamber to work...Do it well and see what you find..changing the eyepiece could really improve performance ...I fitted a Baader zoom to my kowa 823 and I am very happy, ?.Today i got a report from a user that did the same after reading my review,and was raving about it..If you could fit that eyepiece to your Legend ED,you might end with a combo worth to use for years,with a very good performance...
Regards

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back