Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Elements 14 Catalogue and External hard drive

Old Monday 7th May 2018, 14:18   #1
Baron Birder

Elements 14 Catalogue and External hard drive

I am running Windows 7 and PSE 14. I am having a problem with my catalogue held on my external hard drive.

My catalogue shows as d:/ external catalogue when PSE 14 is open. When I plugged the external drive into the usb3 socket it always read as WD Passport (D) and PSE found the catalogue.

However today which ever usb socket I plug it into it reads as (F) and PSE says the files have moved.

I do have a second smaller wb passport which I use for backup and this now reads (D) which ever socket its in.

Can anyone help as I have spent hours and cant seem to make any progress.

Thanks

Baronbirder

BF Supporter 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 7th May 2018, 21:09   #2
Baron Birder

So I have found out how to rename the external hard drive with the catalogue to (D) and PSE 14 now recognised it and the catalogue opens fine.
So the other external drive, which has the back ups on it, which was labelled (D) I renamed Z. I then tried an incremental back up using the last back up on drive now called Z BUT PSE said the file didn’t contain a back up of the current catalogue. But looking at it the backup.tly was clearly there.
So what next? Can this be resolved or do I have to start again with a full back up of over 2gb.
Any help appreciated
BB

BF Supporter 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: