• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (5 Viewers)

GARDEN BIRD NUMBER 29 SISKIN (1ST EVER)
just a record shot of this,had to be quick.plus a greenfinch

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 53
Just able to login... High up a Malaysian montain with fellow forum member jeff (Goyter). This mornings feeder birds are silver eared mesia, long tailed sibia and chestnut capped laughing thrush with a black eagle over. Catch you later

what! no redpoll ?B :)have a great holiday dave,nice to hear from you.

Just able to login... High up a Malaysian montain with fellow forum member jeff (Goyter). This mornings feeder birds are silver eared mesia, long tailed sibia and chestnut capped laughing thrush with a black eagle over. Catch you later

Lucky you! If the birds are anything like as interesting as their names, you must be in heaven.

We're heading for higher ground ourselves later this morning. Not to mountains, though, just to the Texas Hill Country. Still, it'll be nice to escape the total flatness of Houston for the weekend, and we should get to see some birds we don't get in our area.

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Even in a remote place, BFB is still looking at feeders:-O Enjoy your trip:t:

well that's a turn up for the books, italy beat france and we get a strange sparrow.

which turns out to be a male reed bunting,

never got one of those when i lived near water, now we have one and we're no where near any

Feeding Updates: Had not much time this morning but the good thing is the nights are getting lighter which means i can do more garden birding...

Starlings, Sparrows and a blue tit, Along with a Reed bunting. But I'm finding it hard. I'm not sure if i'm seeing buntings or just sparrows they look so a like.

Would love if the Chaffinch returned and the goldfinches

Really busy at the feeders this week as we've had plenty of snow and temperatures down to -14°C. Lots of Common Redpolls (islandica/rostrata), Redwings, Blackbirds and Starlings all day and I've had up to three Bohemian Waxwings this week too, which is a real pleasure. I have large flocks of Snow Buntings flying over and sitting on my roof too but they are quite reluctant to come down. Ravens are also flying over all day and sitting on the lampposts but don't come into the garden much.

a mixed morning of rain and sunshine here,LTT,ROBIN,GREENFINCHES,GOLDFINCHES,SPARROWS,COLLARED DOVES,BLACKBIRDS,BLUE TITS,GREAT TITS,CHAFFINCHES.greenfinches numbers getting bigger every day,blue tit went into the nest box this morning,came out after about 2 minutes,will watch with interest there.:t:

The last couple of days have brought a wonderful variation of birds to the feeders. No new species, but a lot of seasonal friends.

The wonderful grackles have returned, but I don't mind they have been staying on the ground and out of the tray feeder. We also have had a healthy looking trio of robins visiting the yard, so hopefully spring is on it's way! We still have a large group of white-throated sparrows and slated juncos, and house sparrows. Mixed in with the occasional fox sparrow, song sparrow and a few weeks ago when it snowed a field sparrow. Our regulars are still around, mourning doves, blue jays, cardinals, and some starling. The last couple of mornings have been filled with activity! This morning a red bellied woodpecker stopped by and was a bit disappointed that the suet container was empty, but has a nice snack on some mixed seed. I filled the cage back up and hopefully it returns. I've been cutting back on keeping as much food out, because we have had a duo of raccoons visiting at night.
Thanks for reading and happy birding!

what! no redpoll ?B :)have a great holiday dave,nice to hear from you.

Lol... Matty at home has assured me he is keeping the feeders topped up. Some special birds here. Crested serpant eagles perched on telegraph poles sums it up realy. All news here about japan so birding has to be taken in the context as a luxury really... still a trip of a lifetime...Catch you later folks:)

The internet still amazes me.................:t::t::t::t:.

Nice birds in my Cheshire garden today.:-O:-O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back