• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ebro Delta in Spring (1 Viewer)

jimmyjames

Can anyone suggest a good time to visit the Ebro Delta in Spring please?

I am actually in Tarifa for a month or two and will drive up the East coast to get there but am not sure what time of Spring I should aim for? March or April? Maybe a bit of both?

Muchas Gracias

Hi jimmyjames,

I was there May 2010, so don't know what it will be like March/April, but I'm sure there would normally be plenty of bird life around. I stayed at the Delta Hotel which was a good base.

I understand that the Delta took a massive pounding from storm Gloria in January and that all the land, lagunas and rice fields, east of Amposta was flooded by sea water. Open the link www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51206054

Cheers, BillD

I stayed in a casa rural in poble nou. Cheap comfy and easy access to birds (south). Bars we cheap and I ate like a king in one local resto for not very much ‘lo paty d’agusti’ - the flame grilled chicken was awesome...

If you are keen on seeing all the breeding species, I would leave it till late April or the first days of May. Later species will be back properly by then. Also, it should be better for wader and passerine passage than a month earlier, though the wintering wildfowl will have left.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back