• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sulphur Crested Cockatoo or Rainbow Lorikeet (1 Viewer)

Wild birds are caught due to demand by people (like you) who want to keep them in cages.

If there is no demand more get to stay wild

Buy a pair of bins and a plane ticket

Alan henry said:
Buy a pair of bins and a plane ticket

He doesn't need a ticket, he lives in Queensland, where both species are absolutely abundant in the wild, that's the daft thing!

Diamond Dog, don't get a bird to put in a cage. Think of ways of attracting them to your garden if you have one. If not just go outside and enjoy watching them in the wild. It's a lot more rewarding and a lot cheaper.

E

Hey,
You live in a country with possibly the most spectacular and bizzare birds in the world. And Queensland has the greatest diversity in everything. Learn you local birds well along with all your incredible bugs and lizards. People in cold northern places just dream about seeing what might be near your home. Your Bee-eaters come down from New Guinea, your Lorikeets have a brush for a tongue, and Cockatoos have startled me a time or two in the morning, in the bush, where they live free...

I wont catch them, Ill buy them. Duh.

I dont come on this forum for getting flamed at, I have a ring neck and a king parrot in a cage and they are fine lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back