• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

Just in case the 'fish' eluded any viewer.....[presumably this is an, as yet, undescribed deep sea dwelling species]...;)

ps...also morphed...for amusement....into the inner workings of a rodent...and an alien...of some sort].....:eek!:

Attachments

• 041 - Copy.JPG
    041 - Copy.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 041 - Copy - Copy - Copy.JPG
    041 - Copy - Copy - Copy.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 041 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.JPG
    041 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 47
Great images again mate. How much packing have you done? & Will you be visiting Albert Village Lake before you leave the country?

ATB, Neil.

Great images again mate. How much packing have you done? & Will you be visiting Albert Village Lake before you leave the country?

ATB, Neil.

I have done f*** all packing as yet...far too busy getting sidetracked..!

ps...doubt very much that i'll be visiting Albert Village Lake....[am not convinced...as yet]!...about the Mew Gull. Reckon it's a Baltic Gull type o thing.......very difficult to be absolutely sure of ID.
If i wasn't disappearing very soon then i might have gone over to have a butchers at it...photo impressions never the same as viewing the bird in the field....comparisons etc. An education tho...however 'it' turns out. Be interesting to see what the real expert larophiles think...[am guessing most might be 'on the fence']...but who knows...?

Gull ID is a very murky world indeed...the more you find out...the less you know...[or so it seems at times]...;)

Have a safe trip User - Fernandina's this and that are-a-waiting.

Cheers Tim....!

ps...i bet you'll be relieved that me is off for a while...[at least it will give your eyes a rest from all my bizzare over-indulgences on the image front]....;)

Ahhh...peace and quiet at last....!

pps...i will attempt some more interesting shots of birds/nature etc whilst i'm away...[if i'm not led astray!...and that is always possible...if not fairly inevitable].... B :)

Still to post one or two things I was going to, never mind for now.

Crossed my mind - are we going to be looking forward to a new art style upon the return?

Cubism perhaps? ... ;) ;)

wow, this is the fastest moving thread for ages, can barely keep up! Standouts are some of those greenfinches and the ladder image. Now, put me out of my misery and tell me what species that lapwing/black-headed gull hybrid thing is that you posted with the phalarope!

wow, this is the fastest moving thread for ages, can barely keep up! Standouts are some of those greenfinches and the ladder image. Now, put me out of my misery and tell me what species that lapwing/black-headed gull hybrid thing is that you posted with the phalarope!

Do you reckon that i am moving tooooo fast with some of this 'stuff' Nick..?
I probably am...[i'm the same 'way' when i write comedy script type stuff...i get very embroiled in whatever i'm doing...kinda pours out]...!
Suppose this is the total reverse to many folk...? Hey...whatever...;)

Anyway...to the lapwing/bhgull hybrid 'thing' that's been causing you a certain amount of misery. I was experimenting with a load of old black n white photos that i used to take with a zenith camera...[one that you actually had to put 'film' in]:eek!: 'That' gullylapwit thing is in fact a Franklins Gull that i saw back in 1982 at the Barbican....! The right hand image of bird in that post seemed to be morphing a different type of species...and i was just playfully tinkering! Sometimes the results are okay-ish....and sometimes 'they work' a lot better...to me anyway!

If i were to go back thru this thread i would probably delete half the images as they are not good enuff...not to me anyhow. 'Whatever turns you on' is a phrase that springs to mind...

ps...glad you liked the 'ladder-tree' image....i thought it amusing/striking too..! Like i said...some work better than others..

pps...i have one hell of a sorting job to do when i get back with all the images i'm building up....am not looking forward to that as 'that' is the 'boring bit'... ;)

Still to post one or two things I was going to, never mind for now.

Crossed my mind - are we going to be looking forward to a new art style upon the return?

Cubism perhaps? ... ;) ;)

Cubism..!!:eek!:;) Many moons ago i used to do 'that' sort of stuff Danthe...[working mainly with oil pastels]...but perhaps my favorite 'group' of artists were the impressionists.
As a youngster i was always drawn towards the works of Turner and 'Lugless' Mr. Van Gogh...[did he really cut his own ear off?...i heard it may have been done by a fellow artist in a fight over a prostitute]B :)?

ps....haven't had time to 'work' on any images today...but here's a quickie experiment from yesterdays outing in the field....[for every image i post...there's probably half as many again stored on this strange machine]...;)

pps...i do have many 'normal' images of swans....;)

Attachments

• 011 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    011 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 60
Couldn't resist doing this 'quickie'....

....it represents the sort of thing you find whilst out n about in countryside...[often in a lay-by]...now this is just purely a fun thing...and is actually an image of a pair of burnt 'shorts' with two bottles of blue WKD sticking out of them:eek!:.....

ps....i do not re-arrange anything 'found'...[blimey...i wouldn't want to...ye gods]...:eek!:

pps....sort of wildlife art....? Chuckle...!;)

Attachments

• 046 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    046 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 76
This kind of thing was on the Simpsons the other evening (more culture, I know); Marge wanted to get some famous architect to draw up plans for a cultural centre in Springfield because Shelbyville was beating them hands down on that front ...

Anyway ... the architect read the letter she wrote and screwed it up in disgust and flung it down onto the sidewalk ... whereupon he was hit by inspiration and designed a marvellous new centre which bore a remarkable resemblence to a scrunched up piece of paper (as they often do)...

Actually yours is more of a wkd blue gargoyle, admittedly. ;)

This kind of thing was on the Simpsons the other evening (more culture, I know); Marge wanted to get some famous architect to draw up plans for a cultural centre in Springfield because Shelbyville was beating them hands down on that front ...

Anyway ... the architect read the letter she wrote and screwed it up in disgust and flung it down onto the sidewalk ... whereupon he was hit by inspiration and designed a marvellous new centre which bore a remarkable resemblence to a scrunched up piece of paper (as they often do)...

Actually yours is more of a wkd blue gargoyle, admittedly. ;)

Yunno...i quite like the 'blue gargoyle' Danthe....tho to be sure 'some' may think it...[and i've got to say it]....pants..! ;)

Blue WKD morph.....[heron/snake/toucan fusion]...!

ps...tis but 'rubbish'...i know....;)...but fun..!

Attachments

• 049 - Copy - Copy - Copy.JPG
    049 - Copy - Copy - Copy.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 54
WKD underwear!!!! - That's mine, too.

Chuckle...!!

Trust me to lower the tone with an underpants image....!...[tho i think i said at the very beginning that this thread would perhaps be...[eerrr]...not quite the 'norm'?....tis hardly 'wildlife' art is it?....[bit wild maybe]...!

Thing is tho...about all this 'rubbish art' stuff o mine...i passed by 'said rubbish' whilst out birding on several occasions...and it was only when the sunlight of late afternoon 'caught' these objects that my attention was drawn.
The 'broken glass-fish' being an example in post 221....

Keeps me amused anyhow.....;)

Just for you Nick....a 'different' greenfinch....:eek!:

ps...tis more like a yank warbler now methinks....!

Attachments

• 013 - Copy.JPG
    013 - Copy.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Not that i should be messing about with images at this late stage..[pre-trip n all]...i did venture out for an hour today...[in-between packing...and goin down the A&E to have a metal fragment removed from me eye]....:eek!:

Even my 'eye-job' couldn't stop me 'seeing stuff' out in the field...;)

Nowt special image-wise...just the wonders of nature...[and pc's]....!

Adios...almost.....:t:

Attachments

• 015 - Copy.JPG
    015 - Copy.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 014 - Copy.JPG
    014 - Copy.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 58
Not that i should be messing about with images at this late stage..[pre-trip n all]...i did venture out for an hour today...[in-between packing...and goin down the A&E to have a metal fragment removed from me eye]....:eek!:

Even my 'eye-job' couldn't stop me 'seeing stuff' out in the field...;)

Nowt special image-wise...just the wonders of nature...[and pc's]....!

Adios...almost.....:t:

FFS, one down is bad enough without you attempting to double the number! Go on tell us how you managed that, especially when you were supposed to be packing!

Nice stuff BTW U, I'd love an enlarged copy of No 4 post 221 on my wall. The last one in the last post, the pine is pretty smart also though I'm a sucker for those colour tones.
Enjoy Cuba, I should be back on me feet when ur back...hopefully :eek!:

FFS, one down is bad enough without you attempting to double the number! Go on tell us how you managed that, especially when you were supposed to be packing!

Nice stuff BTW U, I'd love an enlarged copy of No 4 post 221 on my wall. The last one in the last post, the pine is pretty smart also though I'm a sucker for those colour tones.
Enjoy Cuba, I should be back on me feet when ur back...hopefully :eek!:

I've been telling 'the lads' how 'rough' you've been lately...and they all send there best Mark...:t:

So how did i get a metal fragment in my eye..?
Well...i could say that i was abducted by aliens and that they tried to turn me into a cyborg by adding 'metal bits'...however...that didn't happen!
I was actually drilling a bit o metal the other day above my head and didn't wear goggles...like a complete f****** prat...:smoke: Oh well....it was all very interesting. Funniest thing was...after the very kind nurse 'sorted me out' i went off down the shops...like you do...and bought some last minute items. Then...when i got back home and looked in the mirror..i saw that i was stained with bright yellow all round me eye hole and with a long streaming drip of antiseptic yellow staining all down me face...:eek!: And i'd been happily chatting to folks in shops and not one of them batted an eye-lid...[no pun intended]!
In fact..my face looked remarkably like this icon..;)....chuckle!!

Glad you liked one of my images in pot 221...[i got a lot o sorting out to do regards the vast amount of 'stuff' i seem to be rapidly accumulating]...am gonna start printing a few..[or more]..up...and get a few framed etc.Will do you a print if you like of yer 'fav'....

Anyway...you look after yourself mate...you been goin thru...what i call...some 'bad s***e' lately...[and that's putting it mildly]...!

Taken today....these are me last images...[for a while]....;)

Ta ta......!

Attachments

• 003 - Copy.JPG
    003 - Copy.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 008 - Copy.JPG
    008 - Copy.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 51
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back