• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

World Bird Info (1 Viewer)

Richard Klim

-------------------------
New 2013 Family list with annotations

On EBN etc today...
New 2013 Family List now available on worldbirdifno
HI friends,
I am proud to announce that one of the most up-to-date versions of bird taxonomy is now available on my website: http://www.worldbirdinfo.net.
To see the taxonomy, you can just click on the heading New 2013 Fmily List.
But to see the results, click on BirdSearch and choose the fourth list New 2013 Family List.
Enjoy, it's free.
Dr John Penhallurick
email: jpenhall AT bigpond.net.au
www.worldbirdinfo.net/pages/progress.aspx
www.worldbirdinfo.net/Pages/New2013FamilyList.aspx

So RE: the Tyrannidae and the Furnariidae divisions, has anyone else followed through on them? I know they have been formerly suggested in the literature, but I don't think any committees or checklists have followed through on them.

Very sad news. I loved his website and stole liberally from it to post on this list. MDN is such a horrific disease. My mother had Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, which we called Charcot-Marie-Hoof disease because of what her feet looked like. It is such a mild disease when compared with ALS or the other MDN diseases. Perhaps those of us who used his website could do the Ice Water Challenge and donate money to MDN Australia?
https://www.mndaust.asn.au/Home.aspx .
Nos da Yowann .

I shared a room with John on a trip to Micronesia in 2010, a very interesting character, lively, informative and with strong views about albatross taxonomy. He was good company on a trip, that due to infrequent airline schedules meant that there was plenty of time to debate politics, economics and history as well as the rights and wrongs of various taxonomic decisions and John was in the thick of every debate.

He will be missed.

Ian

World Bird Info News

Update 1 Aug 2015
Elizabeth Penhallurick

John Penhallurick, my dearest husband, died on 5 September 2014, almost exactly 2 years after the first symptoms of Motor Neurone Disease. He worked on this website for much of that time and found it a good distraction. He also negotiated with his friend Edward Dickenson to see if it was possible for the Trust for Avian Systematics, based in the UK, to take over the hosting of the website. Since John’s death, honouring John’s wishes, I have continued discussions with the Trust and it is expected that WorldBirdInfo will be transferred to the in the next few months. Access to the website will be the same however.

Elizabeth Penhallurick

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back