• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Win Opticron Binoculars answer two questions! (1 Viewer)

Birdforum

Administrator
Sorry only open to European and North American members.

a) Who is your preferred optics dealer and
b) Why do you like buying from them?

The prizes will be the winners choice of Opticron optics to the value of £350/€400 inc VAT or US$400 excluding sales tax.Open to European, Canadian and US-based members only.

Winners will be drawn randomly. All eligible entries received by the closing date have an equal chance of winning. Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules or incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Only the first entry from each member will be counted. Each entrant can only win one prize. Competition closes 4th June 2018 . No alternative prizes may be requested although BirdForum and its competition partners reserve the right to alter arrangements or prizes should this be unavoidable.

a) Who is your preferred optics dealer

Used to be Eagle Optics, but since they are no longer in business: it is now Sport Optics (www.sportoptics.com)

Great customer service over the phone, great selection, and consistently offers the lowest prices.

Ebay

Greatest selection of used glass

Andy W.

a) The Birders Store, Worcester, UK
b) Great range, great prices and most importantly great service - very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

Somebody already gave my answer but

Ebay

I don't currently have the disposable income to be investing in full price new optics.

a) Optics Planet

b) easy to use website with good selection and good customer service.

As a note, though I have my country listed as Argentina, it is not permanent. I’m still legally a US resident and have all my legal stuff in the US, and buy all my camera and binocular stuff in the US.

-a-House of Outdoor and Optics, Maarssen, The Netherlands

-b- excellent service and after sales service, lots of know-how, great hospitality, best shop in Holland

Gijs van Ginkel

a) JRS Photo Hardware in Perth

b) Very knowledgeable staff (not just in photography) and a selection of new and used equipment. I like to support local traders.

My favourite optics outlet is Focus Optics near Coventry. Really helpful, unintrusive service - people who know what they're talking about and seem to understand your needs. The grounds are great for testing out equipment and, again, you'll be helped if you feel a bit out of your depth in terms of what to check for with any particular optic.

a) Feather Edge Optics

b) The money I spend there doesn't go into a corporation's pocket book, but to bird conservation, research, and education.

Edit: Though honorable mention to Honey creek bill and beak, as Gordon is a great person to work with, and not a big corporation :)

Last edited:
a) Focus Optics, Corley, Warks

b) Excellent, no pressure service, wide range of products available from helpful and knowledgeable staff. Great location with their own nature area, ideal conditions to test optics.

A. Clifton Cameras UK

B. Competetive prices on top line optics, they often have special deals which are good value, very reliable, knowledgeable, freindly and courteous when dealing with telephone enquiries. I find the layout of their website very user freindly. UK based reputable dealer.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back