• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Muruk Journal (1 Viewer)

Papuan birder

- Lost in the Pacific -
Hello!

Muruk, Journal of the Papua New Guinea Bird Society.

This journal was published between the year 1989-1995 (perhaps longer), for some reason this journal was stopped publishing (perhaps Phil Gregory moved back to Australia then?), most fieldwork undertaken on PNG birds was published in this journal during the years it was published.

This a major reference source about Papuan birds, I have seen a list of the articles published in it (nothing more) and it include lots of intresting pappers.

Aim currently working on a website about Papuan birds and this is truly a essential work, as it includes detailed info about first records for many Papuan species, detailed behaviour studies etc.

Problem is that so far I have only been able to two articles of this journal, aim intrested in getting into contact with people which may be in possesion of single articles or even complete volumes or may know if there is any place to obtain second hand copies of this journal.

Thanks in advance
PB

Maybe Phil Gregory might be able to help. I also accessed the contents list you mention some time ago: http://www.papuaweb.org/dlib/jr/ngtebd/04.pdf

There are a lot of articles that I also would be interested in. If anyone can find these issues and wants to scan out some of this stuff, I would gladly pay for the postage to me. Extremely doubtful that I could find this periodical anywhere in Italy.

Hello,

I have now sent a e-mail to Phil Gregory with a few questions about the Muruk Journal, we will have to wait and see what he replies.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back