• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The birds are nesting in my house! (1 Viewer)

Progne Subis

Bird is the word...
Over the last couple months, there have been two specific species of bird nesting in the ventilation wholes under the eaves of our roof. The Black-Capped Chickadee and Violet-green Swallow. The Black Capped Chickadees successfully raised 2 chicks, as well as the Violet Green Swallows. It's wonderful having birds nest in an area where you can just walk a couple meters outside your backdoor and observe their behavior. I still see both species outside, even today, juvinile and adult, interact in the most interesting of ways. The offspring and adults are in a constant state of what I call "food tag", the young chasing and begging their parents for a meal. Besides those nesting birds, I have also seen juvinile Northern Flickers, American Robins, Steller's Jays, and the ubiquitous American Crow in my yard.

How exciting... we only have chipping and house sparrows building nests and breeding at my school outside in the walkway overhang to stop it from raining on people!

How exciting must be fun to watch...

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back