• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone got any new birds because of the inclement weather? (uk) (1 Viewer)

mary99

Hello,

Garden list improving

I got a

Fieldfare (life)
Jay (2013) but only had once before
Black-headed gull (life)
Great spotted woodpecker (2013) more frequent later in year

Fieldfare seeing off all the blackbirds. I speared a few apples on our bare apple tree and it took possession for the whole day : )

Hoping for.... waxwings (hence apples), redpoll (of any kind), a flock of fieldfare (not just one meglomaniac)

Sadly have to go to work tomorrow so won't be around if they do come : (
you?
Mary

Had a nice flock of 5 or so Long Tailed Tits this Morning which is only my 2nd record. They have probably been around but iv only seen them twice.

Hi Mary. We've had nothing new but the number of birds in the garden when it was snowing was amazing. I checked every chaffinch but no brambling........ Yet:-C

Rich

hi mary, also had luck with the apples , had a waxwing but didnt get to see it , but partner did, then had my first fieldfare in garden, and my second redwing tick

Interesting about the Long Tiled Tits-they nest within 100m of my garden, but I only ever see them on the feeders in winter or coming in for water when it's really dry in the summer.The Blackcaps haven't come back this year, so I just have to watch the antics on the feeders with the resident Tree Sparrows and Coal Tits holding there own against all the other finches.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back