• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this the African reed warbler? (1 Viewer)

ammadoux

Registered doux
Hello all

finally i got to take these decent shots of what i am guessing the African reed warbler, can i have confirmation.

thanks very mush

Attachments

• AR1.jpg
    AR1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 91
  • AR2.jpg
    AR2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 115
  • AR3.jpg
    AR3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 81
the size does not fit the Blyth's, mine is about 15 cm, which make me think that it could be the "Basra reed warbler" Acrocephalus griseldis. my records says it is a summer visitor here. not really sure about the lesser and median coverts, but the square-cut tails is looking great for this ID.

Hope one of you members are familiar with this one. they should be soon on there way to Africa.

the size does not fit the Blyth's, mine is about 15 cm, which make me think that it could be the "Basra reed warbler" Acrocephalus griseldis. my records says it is a summer visitor here. not really sure about the lesser and median coverts, but the square-cut tails is looking great for this ID.

Hope one of you members are familiar with this one. they should be soon on there way to Africa.

Hi ammadoux

The reason no-one else has responded yet is that I guess few people on here would have experience of African reed warbler and feel comfortable commenting.

However, I do not think this is a Basra reed warbler. It looks too small, the tail looks too short, primary projection too short and bill not heavy enough and without a dark tip.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back