• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rainy day (1 Viewer)

Mahsleb

Hi Folks

It's been a dismal day here today :-C
but a brief lull in the drizzle produced a flurry
of activity around the feeders and the
chance to take a few pics :D

Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• IMG_8364.1-bf.jpg
    IMG_8364.1-bf.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8383.1-bf.jpg
    IMG_8383.1-bf.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8385.1-bf.jpg
    IMG_8385.1-bf.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8447.1-bf.jpg
    IMG_8447.1-bf.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8466.1.jpg
    IMG_8466.1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 22
I wanted a Robin, and with 4 trips to europe (though was a vacation with our family and another family) I never once saw a Robin :storm:

nice photos Tony :cool:

Nice pics, Tony. Got any Great Tits to spare?! Plenty of Blues around, but rarely a Great. They are in the area, reckon they don't fancy my garden!

beautiful pictures, Tony. specially the great tit, my favourite garden bird. We didn't get any in the nest box this year. The council and the local hooligan squirrels put paid to that. Thankfully though they have started coming back to feed.I hope next spring they will use the nest box, look at me wishing my life away!!! The day has been pretty grim here, it's been dark and wet all day, but when I go and look out of the bathroom window I see jays and the little chaps on the feeders so then the day does't seem so bad. Hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow, daughter is hoping to go to Canterbury to see some cricket. She also does some birdwatching and has seen buzzards wheeling ovet the ground.
Happy days
Rose.

A good variety you have there Tony and super pics!:t:

I especially like how you have captured the Blue Tits, a brilliant photo:clap: It is nice to catch them on the move!o:D

Thanks for brightening the day with your photos, even though we have had sunshine all day long!!!!!! Oops sorry, I hope you have sunshine tomorrow:D

Hi Tony,

Great photos, especially the Blue Tits. Nice one of the juv Spadger too.

Niko,

That's hard to believe as Robins are one of, if not the, most human-orientated birds that we have. They will actually follow you around the garden, waiting for you to turn up a worm, or sit in a shrub and sing to you. Granted that about now they are a little more shy because of the moulting period but just look at that one of Tony's, and that's a typical pose.

Better luck next time, find a public park and go for a stroll.

Bill.

Hi Tony,

Great photos, especially the Blue Tits. Nice one of the juv Spadger too.

Niko,

That's hard to believe as Robins are one of, if not the, most human-orientated birds that we have.

Hi Tony

Super pictures, and I love the Blue Tits on the move too.

Like you, we have had a dull day all day, then the rain decided to lash down this afternoon, and all the birds disappeared somewhere :-C

So the food I put out is half eaten at the moment. Birds hate to get wet. I think the wet spoils Mr Blackies handsome looks :king:

Never mind, Mr H and Mr H Jr (our resident Hedgehogs) will appear between 8-9pm, and hoover the food up between them. Gosh, they are so sweet too. ;)

I wish the weather to be sunny tomorrow, and it feels so much brighter and happier in general.

Niko: Sorry that you did not see a Robin. :-C

I agree that they are the most easiest to make friends with. I hope that that opportunity to see one does not pass you by again - next time maybe :t:

Last edited:
Hi Tony,
Great pics. At least it brightened up enough for you to get some. We had a beautiful day here...the first for many a while. Heres hoping it lasts.

best wishes

Lovely selection of birds and pics Tony, very well captured..
It was a great day here today..Blue sky and no rain at last o:) o:), warm enough to sit out all evening with a bottle of vino. B :)
No sign of Goldfinch coming to the feeders yet, still content to fly overhead. I did have a quick visit this evening from a Coal Tit which was a nice surprise as they don't usually come in till winter..

All the best
Ray

A nice selection of colourful birds there Tony. The Blue Tit is a smashing capture. It's been bright here today but very little in the way of colourful birds. I've been away that much the feeders have been empty and I think they have given up on me. Away again from tomorrow.

Thanks for your replies and comments everyone :t:

Seems like we in the southeast got the worst of
the weather today, makes a change eh?
Still the forecast looks promising for the weekend
and I'm getting a rare visit from my 3yr old Grandson!
Whoohoo!!! :D

Regards to all
Tony

Last edited:
Hi Tony,
What a busy day [at] your feeders! I'm at amazed by your Goldfinch. It is so different from the North American variety, but it looks as though they both dine on thistle!
I dare say, your wee grandson seems the lovliest creature in your garden!
Kindest regards,
Kristina

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies and comments everyone :t:

Seems like we in the southeast got the worst of
the weather today, makes a change eh?
Still the forecast looks promising for the weekend
and I'm getting a rare visit from my 3yr old Grandson!
Whoohoo!!! :D
Regards to all
Tony

Have a great weekend Tony...but don't overdo the games with your Grandson, we want you fit to take some more great pics for us!:-O

Enjoy your special time with your Grandson!:t:

Hi Tony,
What a busy day [at] your feeders! I'm at amazed by your Goldfinch. It is so different from the North American variety, but it looks as though they both dine on thistle!
Kristina

Hi Kristina I see what you mean, i just had a look on the gallery at American
Goldies, beautiful birds but so different to ours, very interesting!

We had summer yesterday....sorry about your rain!!:-O

Hmmm thanks Ruth B :)

Have a great weekend Tony...but don't overdo the games with your Grandson, we want you fit to take some more great pics for us!:-O

Enjoy your special time with your Grandson!:t:

Thanks Pam
I'm sure to be exhausted by Tuesday!
but will love every minute of it! :t:

Cheers all
Tony

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back