Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Bird crossword

Old Tuesday 9th April 2019, 13:47   #1
Natalia90

Bird crossword

Hi everyone,
I just joined the forum a few days ago and I thought I'd share with you this fun bird crossword I made.
Enjoy

Natalia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bird Crossword.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	691949  
Old Friday 19th April 2019, 06:27   #2
bonxie2003

Too hard for me
Old Wednesday 15th May 2019, 02:26   #3
nartreb
Speak softly and carry a long lens

Likewise. Even when I'm sure I know the answer, it doesn't fit.

Example: 8 across has to be "cardinal", but that's not nearly enough letters, so let's try "northern cardinal" - still too short, unless you're including the space.

Including the space would allow 5 down to be "blue jay" (otherwise it would have to be "scrub jay"), but there's a problem: the "A" in "cardinal" isn't in the same square as the "a" in "jay". Maybe you wanted 8 across to be "northern cardinals"? If so you need to phrase the clue accordingly.

4 down is easy*, and puts the letter "g" in the intersection with 6 across. I looked up "mohoidea" (the clue for 6 across). There are only 3 species, and none of them have a "g" anywhere in their names (scientific, English, or Maori). In fact, none of them are the right length.

* I take that back, it's impossible to know whether you meant the one starting with a "P" or the one starting to with a "W".

I looked up the answer to 1 across, and it doesn't come close to the right number of letters.

2 down was clever - I'm sure I got the second word right, anyway.

Last edited by nartreb : Wednesday 15th May 2019 at 02:29.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: