Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

some of the''regulars'' returned

Old Monday 6th May 2019, 15:39   #1
bigcypress

some of the''regulars'' returned

i put humming bird feeder out a couple weeks ago but had no birds show up . after couple days i noticed one morning it was empty , the racoon had been here i suspect so brought feeder in . put it out saturday and had a hummer that afternoon . also had a male grosbeak show up that day . sunday the cat birds were back for first time this year . later i looked out and there was a downy woodpecker enjoying the sugar water , first time i'd seen that occur . . .peace
Old Monday 6th May 2019, 17:26   #2
jnicholes

That is so cool! Glad you are seeing lots of cool birds. I had a similar situation. I had a bird feeder, and the American goldfinches and house finches would always come to eat. A lot of the mornings, however, I found the feeder empty. I traced it back to a squirrel. I invested in a squirrel proof bird feeder, and it works. Now, a lot of the birds are starting to come back. The mourning doves, the finches, a lot of them.

Jared
Old Sunday 12th May 2019, 18:29   #3
bigcypress

baltimore oriole at hummingbird feeder today . shows up about this time every year . i get all enthused and put out oriole feeder with piece of orange and some grape jelly .......never see the oriole again that year . . . . peace
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: