• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nest identification in Atlanta, GA (1 Viewer)

rubyfruitradio

I just found this nest on the side of my house. It's about 2 feet long. We have a lot of different birds that thrive in the woods next to us, but I don't know what this nest belong to. I think it's a bird of some sort, but I don't know what kind.

Any ideas would help me greatly.

rubyfruitradio.com/nest1.jpg
rubyfruitradio.com/nest2.jpg

Your links/attachments aren't working.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to birdforum.

If you choose the "go advanced" button to respond, and then use the "manage attachements" button on the bottom of that page, your photos will come through.

Scott

Last edited:
or you could just cut and paste into the address bar on you browser and add www. on the front

no idea what im looking at though...

cavan wood said:
Your links/attachments aren't working.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to birdforum.

If you choose the "go advanced" button to respond, and then use the "manage attachements" button on the bottom of that page, your photos will come through.

Scott

Hi and welcome to Birdforum.
This a is not a bird nest but some sort of wasp nest - probably old and abandoned, or else you would have seen the wasps flying about. I think it might be yellow jacket nest.

Did a search on Google and found some photos of some yellow jackets' nests here:
http://www.vespa-crabro.de/baldfaced/yellowjackets.htm

rubyfruitradio said:
I just found this nest on the side of my house. It's about 2 feet long. We have a lot of different birds that thrive in the woods next to us, but I don't know what this nest belong to. I think it's a bird of some sort, but I don't know what kind.

Any ideas would help me greatly.

rubyfruitradio.com/nest1.jpg
rubyfruitradio.com/nest2.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back