• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ATX eyepiece module (1 Viewer)

yves0071

France
Dear Colleagues,
I am using time to time an ATX95 in by birding group and I noticed that the magnification ring has an hard point when crossing up the 45x point.
Is there any other ATX users to notice that?
I think that Swaro does not have the same quality standarts than from previous models (ATS/ATM). And I think they know it as they also reduce the warranty period from 30 to 10 years!!!!
Thanks in advance for your replies
Best regards
Yves

Yves
It is my understanding that EU legislation requires a manufacturer to keep spare parts of the same kind as used to manufacture the product all the way through to the end of the warranty period. This sounds very nice but when optics manufacturers make an improvement e.g. of the lens coatings, then they would like to make only lenses with the improved coatings from this time onwards, but these improved lenses do not qualify as original spare parts because they are different from when the product was made. So to limit the cost of manufacturing and maintaining a stock of parts that can only be used for repairs, many optics manufacturers in Europe reduced warranties from 30 to 10 years. This was an 'unintended consequence' of the well-meaning but flawed EU legislation.

This information is based on conversations with dealers in the EU. If I or they have misunderstood, I would welcome being corrected by anyone with better knowledge.

Lee

Thanks OhWeh for your comments.
It maybe dépends how much you use it?
This ATX scope has been sent back for service 1lready 2-3 times (every 18 months) as the focussing ring become hard to turn :):) :). A the moment it is covered by warranty (except shipment ad the fact we do no have the scope available for 3-4 weeks) But what's will happen when the warranty will expire?? I guess that it will cost us an arm for a service every 18 months
Not sure an ATX will be selected to replace this one.
Best regards
Yves

Yves,
I believe that the owner / purchaser of the scope would be quite entitled to return the unit to Swarovski Optik with a covering letter stating that the unit's history and continued problems are unacceptable and request a replacement. I'm confident the company would look at the situation very sympathetically with a view to maintaining their excellent record of customer satisfaction.
The system, as with all their range, is designed to be used frequently, even in the most rugged of conditions.
P

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back