• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last Minute LA trip... (1 Viewer)

Birdbrain22

Last minute business trip to LA(possibly HI, but hopefully not) with a little free time... so not a whole lot of time to plan things. Also never really birded anywhere in CA(but have birded Portland, OR area), so there are many lifer possibilities. I'm at the point where I get what I get and don't want to go all over chasing... however, would like to get as much bang for the buck(lifer wise). So with that said... anyone have first hand recommendations of places in LA county and I guess nearby areas? Are any seabirds/auklets regularly visible from shore?( I won't have time for a pelagic) I will be staying relatively close to LAX I think, but plans are certainly fluid and I will probably go further south or inland on last day or 2 if it pans out.

Mostly any CA special birds are the target(about 40 or so) so any suggestions are appreciated. I will have a car so i can drive within reason. Hit me with some good local spots. TIA

I'm sure your trip to LA area is long over, and I'm sorry (slightly stunned) that you got no responses to your post. At this point, I can only hope that you found some good curated trails in Pacific Palisades area or the Huntington Beach Wetlands... It has been several years since I was in that area, but it was worth the visit. Can be very foggy late spring and early summer.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back