• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which bird is it? (1 Viewer)

oetzi

Hello folks, I need your help in answering a (difficult for me) question about a bird. I try to translate the given informations as good as possible.

In the year 1971 (give or take) scientists discovered for the first time the breeding site/nest of this bird.
Location was the oldest island in a group of islands. (its therefore probably of volcanic origin)
In 1987 (give or take) for the last time the song of a male bird was heard and recorded. The recording is published in the web.
This bird was probably not only the last of its species, but also the last of its genus.
What is the scientific name of this bird?
This bird has also been filmed only once and the exact date of this is needed, too.

Maybe one of you has an idea.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back