• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warning About Zen Ray for International Buyers (1 Viewer)

Digit

I appreciate this is my first post here. I apologize in advance for this as this email is born out of desperation.

I need to warn any foreign buyer not to purchase Zen Ray optics. Zen Ray does not support their warranty for foreign buyers.

We were the New Zealand representative for Zen Ray. The last warranty issue took over 6 months to resolve. The current warranty issue, Zen Ray refuse to communicate with us or even let us know what the status of the repair is.

While Zen Ray makes great products, we can no longer endorse them due to their lack of warranty support. We will be making this announcement on all forums where Zen Ray are present until they start supporting warranties again.

Please consider this if you live outside of the USA.

I appreciate this is my first post here. I apologize in advance for this as this email is born out of desperation.

I need to warn any foreign buyer not to purchase Zen Ray optics. Zen Ray does not support their warranty for foreign buyers.

We were the New Zealand representative for Zen Ray. The last warranty issue took over 6 months to resolve. The current warranty issue, Zen Ray refuse to communicate with us or even let us know what the status of the repair is.

While Zen Ray makes great products, we can no longer endorse them due to their lack of warranty support. We will be making this announcement on all forums where Zen Ray are present until they start supporting warranties again.

Please consider this if you live outside of the USA.

A while ago you were complaining that you couldn't compete on price :

http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1349380624

This is a direct quote from you :

"Our current position with Zen-Ray is that they have set themselves up as competitors with their own distributors. The Margins are very small on their products so it makes it very difficult to be competitive price wise. That is why there are so few Zen-Ray international distributors (NZ and Aus) for what I think is a bargain product line. We will re-stock in the near future but it is a low priority for us at the moment. Anyone thinking of buying the Zen products I recommend to go through the online Zen-Ray shop. You will get great service and a great product." :t:

Yes back in 2012 even though we weren't selling the Zens we still encouraged people to buy there great products.

However over the last 18 months we have found it extremely difficult to get warranty issues resolved. Emails go unanswered. A couple of weeks ago I emailed zen ray to return the warranty binoculars fixed or we would be left with no option other than to inform foreign buyers that zen ray does not support warranty. Posting here is our last resort to attempt to get zen ray to look after the warranty they sold us and all customers in NZ.

Charles, do the right thing and resolve this long outstanding issue. At least answer our email and let us know when the customer can expect some service. I understand that there is another New Zealand customer currently hoping to get warranty service out of you to.

Another week has passed Charles and you still haven't replied to us. It looks like we will have to continue raising this issue on other forums.

I have another customer now who needs their ED2s serviced. If we send these back are they going to disappear into the zen ray black hole like the last ones.

Charles - when are you going to start taking responsibility for zen ray warranty issues?

I have another customer now who needs their ED2s serviced. If we send these back are they going to disappear into the zen ray black hole like the last ones.

Charles - when are you going to start taking responsibility for zen ray warranty issues?

Sorry I haven't visited forums for a while and missed this thread. I checked my past email communication and couldn't find the previous email. Can you do a favor and write it to me via PM here so I can look into this right away.

Take care.

Charles

Problem is un-resolved. We have written the item off.

Charles has asked for more info via PM but has several emails from us that outline the problem already.

My recommendation to anyone contemplating buying Zen-Ray outside of the USA is to chose a more reputable brand.

Charles has asked for more info via PM but has several emails from us that outline the problem already.

My recommendation to anyone contemplating buying Zen-Ray outside of the USA is to chose a more reputable brand.

I would say if he has asked for more info and you have refused to give it, then writing them off from the start would have been your best bet.

"While Zen Ray makes great products . . . "

I think you will find that like almost everyone else to be discussed on BF, Zen Ray is an importer, not a manufacturer.

Bill

Even legitimate e-mails often disappear into "spam filters". At work our spam filters occasionally block e-mails from our own co-workers! Give him a chance via PM, at least.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back