• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best time in Spring to Bird Mobile? (1 Viewer)

Josef

Hi, I'm planning to visit a cousin in Mobile and my choices are limitted to either March or April. Any suggestions as to when would be best? Also locations around Mobile. I digiscope and would like to make the most out of the trip so any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Hi, I'm planning to visit a cousin in Mobile and my choices are limitted to either March or April. Any suggestions as to when would be best? Also locations around Mobile. I digiscope and would like to make the most out of the trip so any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Joe - Maybe this will help your decision on when to travel. Fort Morgan and Fort Gaines (Dauphin Island) are connected by a ferry - some of the best birding anywhere in the US. These the 1st available stops for spring migration and dense fall-outs are common. The place will be packed with fellow birders from across the nation.

Spring Bird Banding

March 27 - April 8 2010
Annual Spring bird banding Session at Fort Morgan from pre-dawn until mid afternoon every day. This is open to the public.
Contact Bob or Martha Sargent at 205-681-2888 or [email protected] for more information about the bird study.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back