• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Huntsville area 1 -4 May (1 Viewer)

Marys1000

I've downloaded the Norther Alabama Birding Trail booklet which is really nice but I'd like to narrow things down a bit. For example there are 3 parts to the trail with many stops on each one.
Any don't miss this spots and also places to stay recommendations?
I'll be driving down on 1 May and hopefully birding Sat, Sun Mon.
Not a lister, no particular target birds but am from southern Michigan live in southern Ohio so anything that is not common here would be good.

Thanks,

Mary

Would recommend Monte Sano as song birds will be heading north (toward your house?) and will be happy to show you osprey nests if interested --PM me...and there is an ALBIRDS listserv on yahoo groups that gives good info on sightings.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back