• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from NE Ohio! (1 Viewer)

KeriBirder

I love Snowy Owls!
Hello, I’m Keri, I live in NE Ohio and I’m passionate about birds. I was big into birding in my teens and twenties, then got busy with other life things, but always watched for birds casually in my travels. I’m retired now, and have recently re-ignited my passion for birding, and here I am! Preparing for my first ever Big Week at Magee in May!

I’ve birded mostly in New England, having summered in Maine and a youngster, and also at Parker River NWF in winter time, and was boots-on-the-ground in Newburyport in 1975 for the Ross Gull. I’ve done lots of birding on Long Island, and have made it to Cape May for fall migration. Now, I’m cranking things up again in Ohio - so many places to go! - and am planning on seeing Puffins this summer.

Hi Keri,
I am new to this forum also. It's great that you are back into birding and congratulations on retiring. I HOPE to retire in the next few years. Birding at Magee for Spring migration will be amazing. I want to see that some day and to bird the East coast. I was recently able to see some of the Eastern birds in Galveston and Boliver Texas. Bluejay, Northern Cardinal, Eastern Phoebe, Roseate Spoonbill and a few others. I looked hard for the Pileated Woodpecker but never found it. Luckily, I was able to see it over Christmas in Northern California.

Cheers,
Kim

Welcome to Birdforum! I'm sure you'll find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back