• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peru - Manu National Park part II (1 Viewer)

Nickk

West of Cock of-the-rock lodge

Attachments

• Capture6.JPG
    Capture6.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Capture7.JPG
    Capture7.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Capture9.jpg
    Capture9.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Capture10.jpg
    Capture10.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Capture11.jpg
    Capture11.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 40
For #1, how far west of CotR were you? It looks more like Pale-legged Warbler to me, but I don't know if you mean just at the lodge and a few hundred meters west, or 10km. The elevation change makes a big difference in which Basileuterus to expect there.

#3 might not be identifiable but to even make a decent guess it'd be nice to know more exactly what elevation you were at or where exactly you were, the species composition changes rapidly in response to altitude along the Manu Rd.

Pics were taken on our first stop as we left the lodge and headed towards Cusco. It was about an hour later (if that) so my guess would be that we were Rocotal region with maybe 2000 elevation? Did not take notes on stops as I was expecting the guide to email me that info after the trip but sadly that did not happen. Birds from previous and next post are from the same spot if that helps

If you were in the Rocotal area, I suspect your first bird is then Pale-legged Warbler.

For the third bird, I think Montane Foliage-Gleaner and Buff-browed Foliage-Gleaner are your best bets. I would lean towards Montane based upon what is more expected and what I can pretend to make out in the picture but I wouldn't really put a firm ID on that photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back