Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Colombia Dec 2011-Jan 2012

Old Thursday 4th August 2011, 08:02   #1
temmie

Colombia Dec 2011-Jan 2012

Hi everybody,

I am planning a 4-5 week trip to Colombia, either focusing on all tree slopes for endemics and cleaning up what I still miss, either focusing on cleaning up endemics (so including Santa Marta) and, in any way, spending a week in either Mitu, an Amazonian lodge (e.g. Palmari) or Bahia Solano.

I speak some Spanish, can arrange logistics and have been living in Colombia for 8 months (when it was more like a warzone )

contact me through email if you want more info.
yoemy at hotmail dot com

BF Supporter 2009 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 9th August 2011, 17:44   #2
COLOMBIA Birding
COLOMBIA Birding (Diego Calderon)

Lieven, do not hesitate in contacting me for any info I might be useful with... saludos!, Diego.
Old Sunday 11th September 2011, 16:24   #3
temmie

Muchas gracias Diego! I'll come back to you soon for some info

The situation at the moment:
We are now 3 people, possibly 4.
between 14 December and 3rd of Januari 2012, we will bird the Andes. From 4-12 Januari, we will be in Mitu. From 13-22 of Januari, I will head north to the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, cleaning up on some stuff on the way north from Bogota.

If anybody fancy to join, if only partly, don't hesitate to contact me and I will see what's possible. If anybody is still needed to be convinced, the estimated cost for my 5-week trip will be around 1000-1200 euro, excluding international flights, but including the flight to Mitu. This involves some public transport + cheapo hotels + basic almuerzos, ofcourse.

BF Supporter 2009 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 13th September 2011, 22:59   #4
COLOMBIA Birding
COLOMBIA Birding (Diego Calderon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by temmie View Post
Muchas gracias Diego! I'll come back to you soon for some info

The situation at the moment:
We are now 3 people, possibly 4.
between 14 December and 3rd of Januari 2012, we will bird the Andes. From 4-12 Januari, we will be in Mitu. From 13-22 of Januari, I will head north to the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, cleaning up on some stuff on the way north from Bogota.

If anybody fancy to join, if only partly, don't hesitate to contact me and I will see what's possible. If anybody is still needed to be convinced, the estimated cost for my 5-week trip will be around 1000-1200 euro, excluding international flights, but including the flight to Mitu. This involves some public transport + cheapo hotels + basic almuerzos, ofcourse.
sounds like quite a good plan actually Lieven...
email me directly ([email protected]) for anything else!
Diego.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: