• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where have they gone? (1 Viewer)

jb144

Thanks for reading...wonder if anyone can help me please?
I have built 2 birdhouses with cameras inside and they work fine!
I have also had birds inside both....but single ones only. No nests. They have roosted for about 2/3 weeks each and have suddenly gone. Just wondered if I was doing somewrong or am I missing something. The houses face West.

Regards John

What time of day are they coming in, if it is on an evening they will be using it for night roosting. On our box we actually had some that brought grass, moss etc in and then decided to use one of the neighbours boxes.

I cant remeber which direction is the correct wall that they should be put on, but the big no is to have it on the wall where the sun would be on at midday as it would be too warm for the little ones.

Hello All

It has been 2 years since my last post but I just wanted to say I have at last got 2 blue tits nesting in my home made box & camera. The noise they are making is incrediable. At one point I thought they must be woodpeckers. No eggs as yet but I am sure they are in the prcess of producing! Thanks for reading...........

Hello All

It has been 2 years since my last post but I just wanted to say I have at last got 2 blue tits nesting in my home made box & camera. The noise they are making is incrediable. At one point I thought they must be woodpeckers. No eggs as yet but I am sure they are in the prcess of producing! Thanks for reading...........

Great news. Good luck. :t:

Eggs at last!

After 2 years we have at last produced eggs.
It's going to be fun watching these hatch despit the cold!

Regards John

Well loads of activity in the nest at the moment. Obvisiously the parents are looking after the potential family. Pleasure to video them with my little Canon ixus80
I will keep all up to date with any hatchings!

Last edited:
How long does egg hatching take?

Hi All

And thank you for reading. We have at least 3 eggs in the nest box!
But can anyone give me an idea as to how long they will take to hatch?
Despite being late spring it is extremely cold at present in the North East.
(They are blue tits eggs.)

Regards jb144

You're in for an exciting few weeks jb.

According to the Opus article, incubation takes 13-15 days.

Good luck to the wee guys.

D

I presume the clutch is much higher than 3 eggs now? - 8-10 is usually a good BT clutch from what I remember, sometimes more.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back