• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wood-Warbler (?), Panama (1 Viewer)

michalb

Poland
Parulidae are another group of birds which give me headache, especially those winter north American tourists visiting the tropics :)
As an European with very limited experience in Americas, I wasn't even 100% sure that it was a wood-warbler at the time I saw it (my younger son spotted it, my first impression was a goldcrest :)). However after watching the pictures I think this is a female (immature?) Chestnut-sided (Setophaga pensylvanica). Am i right?

Location: edge of rainforest in Silico Creek, Ngabe-Bugle, north-western Panama, some 5-6 km away from the Caribbean Sea coast
Date: 13.01.2020

Attachments

• lasówka Urari1.jpg
    lasówka Urari1.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 83
  • lasówka Urari2.jpg
    lasówka Urari2.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 72
Chestnut-sided, Wilson's and Black-throated Green were very common during our trip to next door, Cost Rica

Interesting Andy, on my recent trip we only saw one BT Green and we were in Monteverde area for 4+ days.

Chestnut-sided and Tennessee were by far most common, followed by Black-and-white and Wilson's. I guess Golden-winged came next, which was a lifer for me. I even saw a male Blue-winged, apparently fairly rare in Costa Rica.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back