• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What size UV / Skylight filter for Swar AT80HD scope (1 Viewer)

tuftyhill

What size filter do I need for my Swaro AT80HD scope objective lens.
Obviously it's an 80mm lens but isn't the filter I need 82mm or something like ?

Try e-bay Hoya or Sigma multicoated filters are best.Some are shops on ebay so if your not into dealing on ebay you may be able to phone and order one mail order

Someone here did complain about the quality of the Jessops' filter. I was surprised at the time but it might be worth checking it with care if that's the one you buy. As Graham suggests, Hoya and Sigma MC have a top reputation. I keep meaning to get one for my scope!

Do you use a filter, Graham - when you are digiscoping?

Mine is a Hoya filter (bought from Jessops), possibly same as Paul's as it was about the same price. It works very well; any deterioration in the image is tiny. Having said that, on the ATS scope, the filter fits on the end of the sliding lens hood rather than immediately over the objective, which is not ideal. Picks up the spray when seawatching or in the rain. The space between the filter and the objective also tends to fog up in the rain.

Sean

Cheers Roger,
just ordered one. I checked in the filters on there a few days ago but they didn't go as large as 82mm.
They must've been in different section.

tufty said:
Cheers Roger,
just ordered one. I checked in the filters on there a few days ago but they didn't go as large as 82mm.
They must've been in different section.
Paul,
It can be a bit tricky, and frustrating, when trying to find your way around the maze of 7dayshop.com, especially if using a "dial-up" connection when it is slow moving.
Some of the category groups are not very precise. But ultimately you do often save money.

Roger

Steve no i dont use a filter its one of those things i keep meaning to get but havent,would most proberly take it of if digiscoping.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back