• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First bird 2020 (1 Viewer)

Ries

Netherlands
They say it says something symbolically for the rest of your year 8-P

I just saw 3 carrion crows from my window. I associate them with strong intention, intelligently coping with life's mysteries. A purposeful year.

House Sparrows for me, after I opened the back door, followed right now by American Crow. The sun hasn't risen yet.

I had Chaffinch, Robin and Starling all waiting patiently for their breakfast when I opened the curtains.

Blackbird on my neighbours front lawn followed by a Carrion Crow in my garden and a flyover Jackdaw.

As with most years, Jackdaw although a robin was singing its heart out around 7am, but I'm only counting the first sighting not singing.

Si.

Walked out to the Thames Estuary at 8am to photograph the first sunrise of the year (total cloud cover and fog!), and saw a dozen Carrion Crows and lots of Black-headed Gulls.

Proper first was Blackbird as I walked out to the car.

First while I was actually birding was Mute Swan - big and white so stood out in the pre-dawn gloom.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back