• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Picasa 3 (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
Hello guys, This has probably been asked a lot & I cannot find a solution for the editing software I am using, I use Picasa 3 & am wanting to upload pics onto here, can someone point out how you do this, because I cant find It for the life of me.

Thanks.
Sean.

You use picasa to make a copy of the image that has reduced size -- I use a couple of programs but not Picasa, and in both I usually find that if the longer side is limited to 850 pixels, then everything is fine. I suspect you would want to use an export function in picasa, but I am not completely sure about that -- in any case, you need to know exactly where on your PC this reduced size image is located.

Then if you are talking about Birdforum gallery, go into that tab, click the icon for uploading, use the browse button to get to your reduced size image, type in the title of the photo, and click upload; fill in the remaining information wanted, and click submit, and everything should be there.

If you would like to get the scientific name for a bird (appreciated), open Opus in a different tab, search for the bird and copy the scientific name from there into the upload form.

hope this helps
Niels

Hi Niels, thanks bud. Ive just found out how to do It & have just uploaded my pic with scientific name, Its a lovely Sparrowhawk as well. Cheers.

Sean.

Since the OP question has been answered can I ask another? Two?

I am still trying to find an answer to this myself but.... someone might know?

1 When I edit a photo, usually crop and then a little touching up, I will "save as.." to a new fine name. But in Picasa viewer, the original still shows my edits but if I to windows file manager, the same original file is unaltered. This is very confusing. I'd rather that Picasa didn't do that. Any idea how to turn that feature off?

2 It appears that Picasa keeps a backup original somewhere. I'm not sure I want to have extra big files backup. I generally don't edit my original buy save as... above. Anyone know how to where they are to delete or to turn that off?

Thanks. I will keep looking for my own answers but I thought I'd ask.

There has to be a way to delete files even if manually...

And it is really bothersome that is shows the changes I made in the save as file as if also in the original.

I will keep hunting.

There has to be a way to delete files even if manually...

And it is really bothersome that is shows the changes I made in the save as file as if also in the original.

I will keep hunting.

I have been using Picasa 3 for some time now, I like it but do wish it did more.

If you look in the root folder of the file that has been edited by right clicking on the image and selecting "locate on disk", you will find a new folder called ".picasaoriginals", in this folder are the unedited versions of your files.

Just delete thses folders as required

Hope this helps

I have been using Picasa 3 for some time now, I like it but do wish it did more.

If you look in the root folder of the file that has been edited by right clicking on the image and selecting "locate on disk", you will find a new folder called ".picasaoriginals", in this folder are the unedited versions of your files.

Just delete thses folders as required

Hope this helps

Cool. Thanks. I've gotten into the habit of doing a "Save as.." with a new file name when I have that I want and then "undo all edits" on the original. They seem to assume that people only look at pictures with picasa.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back