• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Biking Birder 2015 - A cycle ride to every RSPB and WWT reserve. (1 Viewer)

Gary safely reached the sanctuary of Upton Warren this morning. He has one final throw of the dice this afternoon to see if an Iceland Gull repeats it's performance of joining the roost at Bartley Reservoir.

It is now January 1st 2017. I finished the year on 318. Very thich fog made cycling to Bartley too dangerous. Ridiculous to see cars coming past without lights when i couldn't see 100 yards.
What a fabulous year; well two years really. Sad that it is over but lots of things to look forward to.
A massive thanks to everyone who has followed the adventure this year. I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Thanks to everyone who donated to the charities I have supported. At the last count the money raised for the four was £4,300 with more promised. This doesn't include the donations that were made directly to Chaskawasi-Manu, the charity for the children of the Manu Rainforest in Peru. Thank you so much.Your donations were a major source of inspiration, especially after coming back to Aberdeen Mid-November when the going got very tough.
Thank you to you all but a special thank you to Phil Andrews, The Oracle. He has chided, persuaded, threatened, cajoled, informed, threatened, advised and celebrated every stage of the way. His constant texts, phone calls and emails were vital to the success of the year. Thank you Phil.
So, Happy New Year and all the very best,
Gary

It is now January 1st 2017. I finished the year on 318. Very thich fog made cycling to Bartley too dangerous. Ridiculous to see cars coming past without lights when i couldn't see 100 yards.
What a fabulous year; well two years really. Sad that it is over but lots of things to look forward to.
A massive thanks to everyone who has followed the adventure this year. I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Thanks to everyone who donated to the charities I have supported. At the last count the money raised for the four was £4,300 with more promised. This doesn't include the donations that were made directly to Chaskawasi-Manu, the charity for the children of the Manu Rainforest in Peru. Thank you so much.Your donations were a major source of inspiration, especially after coming back to Aberdeen Mid-November when the going got very tough.
Thank you to you all but a special thank you to Phil Andrews, The Oracle. He has chided, persuaded, threatened, cajoled, informed, threatened, advised and celebrated every stage of the way. His constant texts, phone calls and emails were vital to the success of the year. Thank you Phil.
So, Happy New Year and all the very best,
Gary

I think what you've done is absolutely splendid, with a smidgen of endearing bonkers! Kudos to you, Gary!:t::t::t:
MJB

Hello everyone! Happy New Year.

Now I hope you are paying attention.

Now I am taking some quotes from this thread to put in the front of the book.

So can you message me via email or on here to tell me your real name, if it isn't obvious and whether I may use your quote. Thanks.

email - [email protected]

Here is a list of the quotes I want to use :-

MJB
Stuart Reeves
Jabberwocky
Torchepot
Paul Chapman
Richard Prior
Farnboro John
Dantheman

OK, now this year I will be having a Biking Birding adventure in Peru, trying to get the World Green Birding record.

A new thread for this will be started soon.

All the very best,

Gary

Happy new Year to you too Gary, feel free to use my quote in your book.
Looking forward to seeing it, and of course, reading of your 2018 adventures,

Bon courage,

Richard Prior

Gary

No problem. You may use my quote. My real name is Lee Evans. Only kidding. My real name is Paul Chapman.

All the best

Paul

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back