• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eyebrowed Thrush in Norolk (1 Viewer)

Would be very popular. Let us hope that the bird is confirmed, assess is arranged and a charity collection is made. It would be great that a bird of such quality could be enjoyed by all and not a few in the know.

o:)It has been suggested that the bird is still present today. Unfortunately, I know no more and am unable to go and investigate myself, maybe tomorrow!!

PS secretly hoping that access is not arranged until tomorrow morning, how selfish is thato:)

Does anyone know if anyone is trying to talk the person who's garden it's in into allowing access. when was the last one of these available to twitchers? 1995 - Scotland, was the last one I remember.

Does anyone know if anyone is trying to talk the person who's garden it's in into allowing access. when was the last one of these available to twitchers? 1995 - Scotland, was the last one I remember.

North Ron, October 2009. It has become a much more difficult species following the run of records on Scilly mind!

Nothing on RBA regarding this report can anyone shed any light on where BGs got this mornings info? Are we dealing with wrong id such as maybe Redwing or is this a gen record being hushed up-someone must know something?...

Nothing on RBA regarding this report can anyone shed any light on where BGs got this mornings info? Are we dealing with wrong id such as maybe Redwing or is this a gen record being hushed up-someone must know something?...

Late last night "Till Smith" ( @TillSmith ) tweeted this to Birdguides, and a couple of other birding organisations:

"Eyed -browed Thrush seen 12.11.11 and today Hunstanton,Norfolk in a private garden.Unfortutely no access."

Unfortunately in a situation like this, where there is an overall ominous silence surrounding the bird...imaginations will run riot...

I doubt if anyone who may have seen this Thrush, if it exists, will be posting on here...be good if they did tho...[and better still if a pic or two surfaced]...:cat:

'If' its real and the home owners don't want crowds then fair enough...

http://username-beast.blogspot.com/

Late last night "Till Smith" ( @TillSmith ) tweeted this to Birdguides, and a couple of other birding organisations:

"Eyed -browed Thrush seen 12.11.11 and today Hunstanton,Norfolk in a private garden.Unfortutely no access."

Thanks very much for the reply.Looks like another mega thats got away but as me old mate The Apprentice would say-THERE WILL BE ANOTHER:t:O

No problems with it being suppressed. If the owners of the property don't want the hassle of a large twitch that's quite fair enough. Not everyone's garden /neighbourhood is suitable for the hoardes - I know mine isn't. What that guy did for the oriental turtle dove was way beyond the call of duty ,and it went on for weeks !

Last edited:

The Auchmithe bird in 95 was the last easily twitchable bird, we had it singing while heading back from seeing 'Albert' up on Shetland! We had already seen 2 on Scilly in previous years (think 91 and 93) and I thought they were becoming pretty regular then they just went all Mega on us! Weird that at the same time a lot of other Eastern stuff has become much more regular. Has there been a population fall or is it just 'one of those things'...over to the statto's...?

No problems with it being suppressed. If the owners of the property don't want the hassle of a large twitch that's quite fair enough. Not everyone's garden /neighbourhood is suitable for the hoardes - I know mine isn't. What that guy did for the oriental turtle dove was way beyond the call of duty ,and it went on for weeks !

In full agreement. One problem though if the id is correct - info has got out and the bird has been reported today. How many birders were wandering around hunstanton this Pm?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back