• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Dialyt 7x42 B T*P (1 Viewer)

strawbale1960

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, which I found (through google) when trying to find out the manufacturing date of the binoculars I inherited (in 2013) from my dad, a professional ornithologist.
The serial number is 400286, so a late 1980s model?
I seem to remember to have come across a piece of paper that said it had been serviced, but don't know when.
Anyway, it's (still) a great pair of binoculars!

PS: I use with with my dad's original field guide, a 1954 Dutch version of the Field Guide to the Birds of Britain and Europe, by Peterson, Mountfort and Hollom.

As mentioned before, I read you can surf to Zeiss sport optics, and email to Zeiss (in a contact form or through an email adress on that site).
If sending them the serial number they should be able to check the manufacturing date.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back