• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Metering? (1 Viewer)

BackGardenMoths

Hi, I'm trying to learn the best techniques for bird photography, so basically I'm reading everything I can. Could someone possibly explain to me what the following means

Evaluative metering + 11/3

I'm not sure what the + 11/3 actually means.

Thanks

It reads as plus eleven over three in your post. I think it is supposed to mean plus one and one third.

The picture referred to will have been taken using the evaluative metering function of the camera, but then purposely over-exposed by one and one third stops to get around a specific lighting problem to correctly expose the subject.

It reads as plus eleven over three in your post. I think it is supposed to mean plus one and one third.

The picture referred to will have been taken using the evaluative metering function of the camera, but then purposely over-exposed by one and one third stops to get around a specific lighting problem to correctly expose the subject.

I agree with this explanation (it isn't 11/3 is 1 and 1/3).

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back