• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photography Guides (2 Viewers)

BADCATZ

ogame.org/uni17
Hi all,

Im looking for a guide to help me on my way with Photography and better my Techniqes, and iv found these few on Amazon.

100 Ways to Take Better Nature and Wildlife Photographs by Guy Edwardes

RSPB Guide to Digital Wildlife Photography by David Tipling

Photographing Wild Birds by Chris Gomersall

Are any of these reccomended please?

:cat:B :)

If its for bird photography i'd highly reccomend Arthur morris ' The art of bird photography' , although its back in the days of film cameras its still very relevant.

The Art of Bird photography is excellent and probably the best but may be out of print. It may be worth checking Art Morris's website. However there is quite a bit in the book and for a start off, I would suggest Tipling's books.

Chris Gommersall's book is superb also.

I know nothing about the Guy Edwards book.

You might try ' Photographing animals in the wild...hints and tips' by Andy Rouse' which explains exposure etc in a very simple way for beginners. You may be able to get this book from book sellers or you can try Andy's website.

I think Andy Rouse is a very engaging writer and he explains things extremely clearly.I've read no end of wildlife photography books over the past two years and i still think he's got something special.However, my first choice is "Digital Nature Photography:the Art and Science" by John and Barbara Gerlach.Picked it up in Waterstones. I keep going back to it.

Skywatcher mentioned the Andy Rouse books, Andy also has a book out called "Understanding Raw Photography".

It's not exactly about how to get the shot but it does have some excellent help that goes from camera set up right through to getting the image onto the screen.

Plus the book has a load of great shots as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back