• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South African Birds (1 Viewer)

pce

Hi
What an amazing resource this forum is - I should have found it earlier.
As a newbie here I wonder if anybody can help me identify these birds I photographed in Southern Africa in Aug/Sep 2018.
The first image was taken at Etosha NP Namibia (close to a waterhole), the second and third were taken in near Lake Nakuru in Kenya.
My apologies for the quality of the last image.
Thanks for the help.
Peter

Attachments

• P8040523.JPG
    P8040523.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 27
  • P9024006.JPG
    P9024006.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 39
  • Unknown.JPG
    Unknown.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 47
Welcome to BirdForum. The third picture looks like a Collared Palm-thrush, although I'm not sure that occurs at Lake Nakuru. Was it definitely taken there?

Thank you all.
I have rechecked and Daniel you are correct about the Collared Palm Thrush distribution I saw it was a few miles south of Victoria Falls. I thought I had maintained the locations carefully but had made an error - my apologies.
Thanks again.
P

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back